current location: should be working
current mood: angry
current music: blood boiling in my eardrums
Torchwood is beginning to annoy me beyond all reason.
1) Where are the aliens? I signed up for monsters. Smoky things posessing people don't count, we all know you're just saving money on CGI.
2) Am I seriously supposed to believe that any woman on earth fancies creepy Owen? Let alone two of them.
3) This is supposed to be an elite special ops unit, two of them have military experience, one of them is a working police officer, yet they get outwitted and outfought by a group of refugees from Royston Vasey.
5) And on that, why is Captain Jack such a twat in this series? When did he suddenly become staggeringly incompetent?
6) Why is Captain Jack the only character allowed to shoot people? Are the guns like lawgivers or something and only work for him?
7) Date rape is not, in fact, fun.
8) If you're going to flag up that the bad guys have superpowers (inhumanly fast and strong, twice the size of humans in the brief shots we got of them) no fair all that going out the window for the big reveal. I felt angry at being deliberately misled. I don't mind if a clever plot has a twist ending but this was just inconsistent.
[breathe] It's only a TV show! It's only a TV show!
edit: Just seen cleanskies on this. All the stuff she's said in her comments applies as well.
If the next episode isn't a huge improvement, I'm gone.